Thursday 2 September 2010

Snippet #4: Leather Baggin'

Maybe it's because I love baking - I love making things from scratch - but I suddenly have an urge to make my own leather bag. I would love to have the kind of money to buy multiple Birkins and customize them a la Lady Gaga..



...here with Japanese written on with a Sharpie pen...



...and here with sharp sharp spikes studded into the leather. Actually it is the studded look which I would love to create, in a soft, slouchy black leather bag. The problem is, I just can't find the right bag. Which is where my temptation to MAKE my OWN comes in. I feel a bit wild just thinking about it. 
The geniuses at London College of Fashion make it look all too easy in this handy video: http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/31532.htm


My next hurdle: where to buy the leather?! I have looked on ebay and a million fabric shops online, and they only seem to sell leatherette, which is essentially just a step up from PVC.


Once i've jumped that hurdle, I plan to follow this step-by-step guide to stud my bag to within an inch of its life: http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/fashion/2009/10/stud-it-fringe-it-biker-babe-it-heres-how.html

For now, I will just continue to lust after these ready-made beauties:


1. Alexander Wang Rocco
2. Versace
3. Miu Miu
4. Lanvin Ketu Sac


No comments:

Post a Comment